EmAnne

EmAnne

American Girl On Saturn

American Girl On Saturn - Nikki Godwin I loved this book so much, I... just... gah! American Girl on Saturn exceeded my expectations by, like, a universe. I literally would not be separated from my e-reader while reading. And under the rare circumstance I had to set this gem of a book down I was not a happy camper, to say the least!

American Girl on Saturn's strongest aspect is the characters. There are quite a few, yet I felt like I get to know each of their unique personalities. This is quite a feat! I recently finished a novel with a lot of characters, and they got all mixed up in my head thanks to their lack of personality and originality. Thankfully, this book was the opposite!! First, we have the three sisters. Chloe Branson is our main character and I enjoyed her point of view. Her personality was very relatable!

Next we have Aralie, the middle sister. She was awesome! Not only did she have a lot of spunk, she also made me laugh several time! I smiled through her arguments with Jules and the boys. And how can we forget the adorable Emery? She is the ultimate fan girl of Spaceships Around Saturn, (and, shh don't tell anyone, but she might also like Harry Styles. Just don't tell Benji!) Emery is the ultimate annoying but cute-as-a-button little sister.

And, now, we have the member of the band! I loved Jules, Milo, Benji, Tate and Noah! I actualy loved how the whole band was portrayed. They, like a lot of famous teens, are constantly on Twitter and a few (*cough*Jules*cough*) have some oversized egos. Don't worry these egos are taken care of by the sisters, particularly Aralie. Also, each boy had their quirks. Noah doesn't talk, at all, until he has finished his glass of strawberry milk each morning! Also, they all have different personality traits. Milo is sweet, Noah is pretty humorous, and Jules is the "bad boy" etc.

Sometimes contemporary books get a bit boring to me after 50 or so pages. This was not the case for American Girl on Saturn. As I said before, the book was so addicting I didn't want to put my book down. Also, I have already re-read the book once, and I rarely books twice on my e-reader, it's a weird pet peeve. So, the fact that I re-read this book, on my e-reader, and in the span of three weeks is high praise!

Overall, this an awesome book! I would recommend this to lots of people, especially fans of bands! (I know I am going to tell my cousin about this book, as she is a big fan of One Direction. Maybe I should buy her a copy for Christmas?) Anyone in need of a cute and engaging read should look into American Girl on Saturn. And the ending is so sweet and satisfying... *sigh* I have just skimmed it while readying myself for this review and I still love it.

4.5/5 Stars