EmAnne

EmAnne

Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)

Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1) - Jus Accardo Darker Days by Jus Accardo was such an amazing book! After reading the synopsis, I knew the story would be right up my alley, yet the tale and, in particular, the characters, were more intriguing and laugh-inducing than I had previously hoped. The Darker Agency and family will certainly give the reader a grand adventure. Also, isn't the title clever?

Jessie Darker was, in my opinion, a great, and awesomely sarcastic, narrator. I know some would find her many snarky/silly comments annoying, but once in a while I need an entertaining character like her in a story. She is kind of quirky, although that could be blamed on her mom. For instance, Jessie's punishment for misbehaving is a "soggy zombie". So yeah, she is far from the average kid, yet she in never mopes or "wishes to be normal" like most heroines in paranormal books. That fact alone earned Darker Days serious bonus points in my book.

I also loved the family dynamics in Darker Days. Guess what? They all get along like a normal family despite the many paranormal interferences! The parents love their daughter, and vice versa. And both parents are alive! My favorite character in the book, was, funnily enough, Jessie's mom. I really want to know her story as the bits we get are extremely interesting.

The story was also creative. The way the Seven Sins worked, and the addition of other paranormal creatures, created a plot that was not cliche or predictable. Also, the length of the book was perfect. There were great action sequences and just enough time for a budding romance. Speaking of the romance... I LOVED it! The love interest was just right for Jessie, although I may have to admit I am a little jealous that she took him for herself. What do you mean she doesn't know I exist? She still should have let me have him! Anyway, the love interest, Lukas, is from like, a hundred years ago,which makes him adorable! I mean, he is formal and says funny things for the 21st century. Also, a lot of things are new to him, which is kind of cute to watch... (read? imagine?)

Overall, Darker Days. is an amazingly entertaining read. I would highly recommend this novel for book lovers looking for a light, cutesy paranormal story. I can honestly say there was nothing in this book I disliked. If Darker Days had any faults, they were overlooked in favor of the overall awesomeness! Also, I am anxiously looking forward to the next book.