EmAnne

EmAnne

True Love's First Kiss (Queen of the Realm of Faerie Books 1-3)

True Love's First Kiss (Queen of the Realm of Faerie Books 1-3) - Heidi Garrett All I read of this compilation of three was the first book, and then, unfortunately, I couldn't seem to get back into the second part :( However, I do owe the little bit I read a review. The first book is a promising start!

The best part of the story was the writing, which made the world and descriptions very vivid and wonderful! Also, I felt like the author put a lot of time into the story. The book has that developed feeling to it.

Unfortunately, despite the amazing writing, I found it very hard to just immerse myself in the story on an emotional level. At first, I blamed this on the characters but soon came to realize that the characters were pretty cool. They weren't amazing, however they were unique enough to satisfy me. So, now I don't know what my problem was with getting into this book. Perhaps I just wanted a faster pace? I did feel as if the book was a tad slow.

I did think Melia was a great main character. She is endearing and likable. It was easy to root for her, and I am glad she wasn't shallow or one-dimensional. Also, her family is pretty horrible, just warning you. To elaborate further, the mother is not good person and in the beginning the sisters don't seem to love each other.

In conclusion, this book should be perfect for fans of fantasy! If True Love's First Kiss sounds up your alley, you should definitely pick it up!!! (I am still mad at myself for not getting through the second part. However, I have learned from experience that if I force myself to read a book I end up not liking it at all.)

Thanks for reading this review!

*I received this book in exchange for an honest review on Firstreads*