EmAnne

EmAnne

The Indigo Spell: A Bloodlines Novel

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead A week ago I posted my 5 star review of The Golden Lily and got tons of comments urging me to read The Indigo Spell. So, I ordered it from Barnes and Nobles a couple days after. And...you guys were right! The Indigo Spell was so awesome!

In this book there are two major plots, one with Marcus Finch and one with Mrs. T’s sister. Although we could say the Sydney/Adrian brewing romance is a main plot! I love both those characters so much! In the beginning we also get to see Sonya’s wedding which I enjoyed. There are so many little plots I could mention, which I think is one of Richelle Meads charms. There is so much happening in each book, each character had their own story or upcoming drama.

As mentioned in previous reviews, if I had to pick the one character I was almost just like, it would be Sydney. I mean we are in no way exactly alike but our personalities are generally the same. So, for me, reading in her point of view felt natural and sucked me into the book easily. Sydney definitely had her faults though. By the end of the book, however, she was working through all of her faults and started seeing what really matters.

Adrian, Jill, Eddie and the rest of the cast are as vibrant and interesting as ever! Adrian, and his car, are so awesome throughout the whole book! It is so exhilarating how the broken Adrian we see in the first book grows into a nicer, still sarcastic, more controlled person. Some of my favorites lines came from his mouth whether if the words were sarcastic or sweet.

And Eddie and Jill! Do not get me started. I feel so bad for both of them! Mead is totally making the suffer! Hopefully in the next book they'll get a well deserved break. Speaking of the next book, Squee! I need it in my hands as soon as it releases. Especially after that cliffhanger. Let’s just say I was right about upcoming sister drama. And, I want to know what’s in store for Sydney and Adrian.

I love all the mythical and magical aspects. Vampires, Alchemists, Wizards, spells, Warriors, Moroi, Djamphirs, Strigoi... Mead makes all the fiction seem so vivid I forget none of it is real. Also, I never felt overwhelmed by what was happening and all the fantasy aspects, but was never bored!

All in all, Bloodlines is quickly becoming one of my favorite series. I would recommend this to almost anybody I know!

5/5 bookcases