EmAnne

EmAnne

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Harlequin Teen)

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend - Louise Rozett Wow...I just... wow. I think I liked this book in the series even more than the first. The characters just keep getting more and more dimensional through the pages! By the end I was amazed at the story and people Rozett created.

Let's start with Rose. She is a complex character that I couldn't help but root for in the end. However, there were times when I wanted to smack her. In anger or frustration, she often shoots off her mouth, and ends up severely hurting other's feelings. And along with the times I wanted to shoot off my own mouth at her, I wanted to just hug her. Overall, Rose is one of the most realistic contemporary heroines I have come across.

There is one character I am very curious to find out more about is Jamie. What will his part be in the next book? I am very conflicted in what I feel for him now, but I think he is overall a good guy. He just needs a little bit of help. Also, I am pretty sure the Rose/Jamie thing won't work out. There are just to many secrets that got in the way. (If you read the book, What do think about where the relationship is headed?) I still kind of want them together though, after all the drama in the first two book. As long as they are happy, I am happy I guess.

The end of the book... the very last page basically, really touched my heart. Angelo, Jamie's friend, is one of my favorite characters and I love the way he gave Rose confidence through out the book, and at the end. He never fails to be there for her. I won't say more... no spoilers. Maybe they will get together? That would be pretty awesome!

Also, there are those family problems presented between Rose and her mother, and her brother. Everything is quite strained in her household. Thankfully, I think things might be healing a bit. Who knows? We are also presented with some problems with the family Jamie grew up with, I'm not saying anymore. However, these parts made me a little depressed and sad. They were done so well though! Rozett knows how to handle heavy ideas.

Overall, this was an amazing installment in the Confessions series. I can't wait to read more about Rose and company whenever the next book comes out!

Please note that I received this book for review through Firstreads. However, it didn't effect my thoughts in any way, this is a 100% honest review.