EmAnne

EmAnne

Pivot Point

Pivot Point - Kasie West I don't know why, but I pre ordered this book 3 months before it came out, and I am so glad I did. Pivot Point glues you to it's pages, and I finished it in one night.

The book starts out very quickly. Addie comes home from her supernatural school to hear the news that her parents are getting a divorce. Her mom is staying in the Compound, while her dad is moving to the normal world. Addie has to pick who to live with.

She calls her best friend over and, to help decide, uses her powers as a searcher to see both paths in the future. There is no dragging whatsoever in the beginning. You get a quick introduction, and then into the action. Just the way that keeps the audience interested in the book.

One path, the one with her dad outside the compound, shows Addie adjusting to "normal" high school. She finds friends, one of which, Trevor, could be more of a friend. Addie learns valuable lessons about life outside her supernatural community.

When with her mom, Addie hangs out with her best friend and a famous school football player, Duke. The paths intertwine, in each you'll earn unique information about a mystery. Another enjoyable aspect in the book. Each path also has it's consequences and perks. Very true to real life.

Addie is a very relatable heroine. She is nice, realistic, and unique. I especially think book lovers will love and understand her. Her best friend, Laila, is a pretty cool character too. She is funny and supportive, although in some ways she is very alike other best friends in YA.

The whole Compound idea is very interesting and fun to read about, each person has a power or ability. There are so many cool ideas the author throws into the book, human lie detectors, telekinetics, perceptives, mood controllers, and more. And the world created seems like a regular teens world, with the normal drama, only with a supernatural twist!

Overall, I would recommend this to all supernatural lovers. The characters were deep and the plot and writing was addictive. Pivot Point is a great read!

5/5 bookcases
I can't wait to read Kasie West's next novel, The Distance Between Us!