EmAnne

EmAnne

Guardian of the Realm: A Faerie Tale

Guardian of the Realm: A Faerie Tale - Krystal George,  Krystal McLaughlin This novel was a perfect little escape. From beginning to finish I was sucked into the world of guardians, faeries, pixies, and other mythical creatures. I am so glad I got the chance to read this, and I hope more people pick up The Guardian of the Realm.

This book stands out, from start to finish. The writing and descriptions I thought were especially unique! The whole dark world was very vivid and blew my mind from the the very first mention of faeries. I would definitely reccomend this to readers looking for an absorbing read.

The whole concept of light and dark intrigued me. And the author kept the audience constantly focused on the war against one another, in characters, places, battles, and thoughts. My only complaint is that once in a while the characters would get a flat feeling for a page or two. Esmeralda was always great and unique (I really enjoyed her perspective), just Eric sometimes felt like a background character in the beginning. By the end he was great though!

The other characters such as Kaitlyn and Agatha were very intriguing. Just the things they said drew me in. Also, I enjoyed reading about Fidelious, a magic stallion! The authors interpretation of how magical creatures think and act made the book so different from others. This book was just so different and interesting, that if it had any real faults they were overlooked because of my heightened interest.

While this was no way a long book, I still think the length is perfect and adds to the uniqueness of the faerie tale. Also, I never was bored! The book was action packed with the bonus of interesting dialogue. I also loved how the author brought up emotion so much. And what the faeries think of them.

The conclusion was done masterfully and left me satisfied, smiling, and heart pounding still after what had happened a couple chapter before. Overall, Guardian of the Realm is a great and kind of different read.

4/5 bookcases

*received in exchange for an honest review*