EmAnne

EmAnne

Into the Dark, Vol. 1 (Into the Dark, #1)

Into the Dark, Vol. 1 (Into the Dark, #1) - Milly Silver Hmm, these books were enjoyable. I loved the scenes. In other worlds. however, I did not like any of the other scenes with just Emily doing her own thing. At least not for the first two books. the last two were better.

I loved the way the books were written, likewise, I read them quickly. However, things felt rushed in the second book. And the plot felt second to the Emily's love life.

The characters were nice, they weren't spectacular or anything, but I felt each was realistic
enough. Emily was pretty good, except on the second book. (Apparently I have problems with the second book!) She was way to swoony for this guy. Although he was pretty swoonable.

The setting was vivid and clear. Although I would have liked to know less about the college and people and more otherworldly stuff in the first book.

The highlights of the book are spent in Emily's blackouts. Here I feel the writing is fantastic. Real and heart pounding. Quite enjoyable.

Overall, I would recommend this series to people looking for well written books with cool characters! However, they shouldn't be looking for a real actiony novel or super strong heroine.

3/5 bookcases

P.S Misery Makers were awesome!